banner

Friday, March 24, 2006

Praising God for provision

As my husband and I have been going through the Crown Financial Ministries Course, we have memorized this scripture, 1 Chronicles 29:12 Riches and honor come from you alone, for you rule over everything. Power and might are in your hand, and it is at your discretion that people are made great and given strength. The Lord is in control over all things, and it's at His discretion that events are sent in motion.

Even when we are going through difficult times, I must remember to praise God. Right now I am very thankful because yesterday I received a yearly raise of almost $3000. My husband has received a raise at his job; an independent business owner of our church really wants to keep Donald on, so he's been trying desperately to get enough income to keep him as a salaried employee. Up until today, he's just been working as an "independent contractor." Today, he was offered a salary position. Between this raise and my raise, we think that we can make it without my husband having to keep looking for work. This current job is really in line with what he wants to do, and I think he really, really likes it. We also received a surprise financial gift from someone today.

We have accountability partners in our financial lives, so please pray for us as we make financial decisions. I feel that we, as Christians, must care for the homeless, sick, poor, elderly-- so please pray we would live out the commandments of Christ in our areas of giving as well. Jesus is the bread of life, that is free, so I pray we wouldn't focus on the temporary, as God knows we need food and clothing and shelter, but I pray we would continue to praise God through the difficult times and then good.

2 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, Blogger petunia said...

For he has plans not to harm you but to prosper you. Plans to give you hope and a future....

He's taking care of you!

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Dones said...

Now, if we end up getting pregnant...that will make things REALLY interesting... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home