banner

Sunday, March 19, 2006

I guess I've been bummed...so here's what I'm doing about it

I have been sad since my 29th birthday.

I made an announcement in Bible study last week: I had finally begun to tell a few select people in my church and circle of friends that we've been struggling with infertility. I told the Bible study "No one asks us to babysit anymore...my husband and I are getting a complex that we aren't good with children." A woman, C., took me up on the offer, and I am babysitting her kids this week. I decided rather than feeling sorry for myself about the infertility deal, that I would minister to those people who are already parents, those folks who would appreciate some help.

It just makes me so happy, happy isn't even the word, when folks are grateful when I watch their children. I know I am not the most perfect babysitter, but it does help to know that I can help someone else out. Since I don't have kids right now, I can go to someone's house and give them some time to themselves.

I have lost 9 pounds in 30 days, so I am punching up the exercise. I'm now 271. If you are a reader of this blog, please hold me up with prayer and asking me how the exercise routine is shaping up.

2 Comments:

At 10:57 PM, Blogger Dones said...

Congratulations on the 9 pounds, as well as the babysitting time! :)

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger Dones said...

PS - keep it up. God will bless it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home