banner

Monday, January 30, 2006

How to adopt in the Foster Care System in Kansas Part One

Emailed my friend H. today about adopting through the Foster care system. Asked her if she could guide me through some websites that address it. My friend H. works for Douglas County as a coordinator of volunteers for Citizen Review Board. The website on the front right now is basically adverstising adoption, so I'm going to read through that site first and then see what else H. guides me to.


This is one site I found on Kansas Foster Care This is an old site it seems
This is a website that generally lays out differences between international and domestic. Obviously, the site favors domestic adoption and has services for Birthmothers, which is great if you're in an unplanned pregnancy situation.

Will update more with what I find out tomorrow!

2 Comments:

At 5:25 PM, Blogger Jen said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Email me if you want. You should go to www.kvc.org, since they handle foster care in the KC area (which includes Lawrence). Email me if you want, since I work for them. I can try and answer questions.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home