banner

Friday, January 13, 2006

needs versus wants

I have been thinking all week about this. Do I need fancy face cleaners from Dermalogica? The reason I buy them is because I get acne fairly easily. I hate acne. I've tried Mary Kay, Neutrogena, Avon, prescription medication....none work as well as this stuff. On average, however, in layman's terms the stuff is about $30 bucks a bottle. You've got your cleaner, your mask, a toner, moisturizer, foundation. Now, foundation is part of skin care. It protects and provides sunblock. The foundation I bought is J.Iradale. It's $40 a container. Should last 6-8 months. I figured all this out...rationalized all this down to a dollar a day.

Now. I love my gym. It's a women's gym. I've been going nearly every day for the passed 3 weeks. Have only lost a few pounds. Do I stop going to the gym because of money? Do I stubbornly keep going?

I try to work overtime whenever I can. I am unable to make our budget work on our own. I am meeting with someone on Saturday at 4pm, well, I should say we, my husband is going with me.

I wonder why I bother with this blog. I probably spit in the face of what a Christian Woman is supposed to be like. I feel pulled in one direction, and pulled in another. I'm supposed to be a good steward of my body, but I can't afford the gym, skin care, all this stuff that I have put down in the need category, that most people look at as wants.

I am going to give these things up because I must, but I am very, very angry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home