banner

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

feeling quiet

Saturday the 5k went well, I completed it in 55 minutes. (I took a short cut, and that's the time I would have had if I stuck with the group that finished at 55 minutes). So, I can only get better, right?

The adoption meeting was tough, I just feel so tired and upset by the whole thing. We've decided on domestic adoption, we're still looking for an adoption agency. I'm going to be calling a few and seeing if we can start the paperwork now before we move, or if it would really make it easier to start it all when we move to Olathe.

Honestly, I am just tired of this cycle of 1) waiting 2) hoping 3) being disappointed. I would rather be working towards something. We know we're not doing any more fertility treatment, and I am just tired of hoping something magical will happen. Maybe it will, who knows!

So, we have a lot of packets from various agencies...I'm talking to someone from church to see if she knows anyone who has adopted domestically, as a lot of folks in our church have adopted internationally. I am sure a lot of the processes are the same, but it would be good to get recommendations on what to look for in agencies.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 8:44 AM, Blogger Lori said...

Before signing on with an agency, talk to them, ask your questions and concerns! Many agencies are the same or have similar steps. I know the anxiety that you feel, been there, done that and still going through it! You will know who you are comfortable with. The phone call or first initial meeting with them, is a good indication of how your process will go. Take your time, don't rush into signing up with just anyone. Read the fine print. I don't say these things to scare you, but all too often someone signs on with an agency and they find out later that they are not organized or they don't return phone calls or emails very readily. I would ask what their response time is to phone calls or emails. I would ask about the after care. When baby is home, do they continue to help with any steps afterwards, etc? Do they have classes or counseling of any kind? I haven't domestically adopted, but I am a result of a domestic adoption. I don't have all the answers, but if you would like to chat more or have other questions throughout your process, I will answer them if I can. Loriwestrum@hotmail.com

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger DramaQueen said...

Thanks, Lori! That is what I worry about, I really want to find an agency that will respond when I call them and return emails.

Yea, I think it's better to take time to evaluate them and wait to sign on with someone. It's a big decision!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home