banner

Saturday, October 28, 2006

New church adoption group

November 11th our church is holding a 5k Run sponsoring Zicker Family missions (on my blogroll to the left) supporting orphans in Ethiopia. After the 5k run, a group of families from our church is going to discuss adoption. S., someone I've talked with off and on the past couple of years, is going to be one of the speakers on her adoption story. She and her husband adopted 2 girls from China.

S. came up to me at the women's brunch today just to make sure I knew about the meeting as I've been asking her a lot of questions. So, I am very excited about our church starting this "Heart of adoption" discussion time and group.

[the following is taken from my church's bulletin]

This coincides also with Family Life and Focus on the Family have teamed up with Shaohannah's hope as one voice to call the body of Christ to care for orphans. During the week of November 13th-17th both radio programs will be discussing adoption and orphans. They have also launched a new website, www.voiceoftheorphan.org

So, as we're gathering all our paperwork and gleaming information, I think this will be a good time. Waiting is difficult. At the women's brunch today there were 2 women with very young babies. I know it was selfish of me, but I had to get out of there. Lately, I've had a hard time talking with or seeing people with young babies. I guess I would have expected to be a mom by now, and it's difficult to watch people younger, or my age, with children.

However, the whole point of the brunch today was that life doesn't always turn out the way that we want it to. If God calls us through certain trials or certain circumstances, those are ours to bear. It is all meant to glorify Him and draw us closer to Him. Doesn't always mean it's going to be easy, but that is what He requires of us. The speaker played a Ginny Owen song today, and the lyrics are as follows:

The pathway is broken
And The signs are unclear
And I don't know the reason why You brought me here
But just because You love me the way that You do
I'm gonna walk through the valley
If You want me to

Chorus:
Cause I'm not who I was
When I took my first step
And I'm clinging to the promise You're not through with me yet
so if all of these trials bring me closer to you
Then I will go through the fire
If You want me to

It may not be the way I would have chosen
When you lead me through a world that's not my home
But You never said it would be easy
You only said I'd never go alone

So When the whole world turns against me
And I'm all by myself
And I can't hear You answer my cries for help
I'll remember the suffering Your love put You through
And I will go through the valley
If You want me to

It's such a pretty song, and it expresses a lot of the hurts we go through that we really don't understand. If that's what God requires of us, however, we need to be willing to go through it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home