banner

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

telling people "we're adopting"

I am probably jumping the gun, but I am starting to tell people when they ask me what's going on (and old friend emailed me.) That my husband and I are moving next spring and then we're going to pursue adoption.

It kind of puts butterflies in my stomach, because I think "How will they react?", "Is this a for sure thing?"

How did you tell people you were adopting? Did you tell people right away at the beginning, or wait until the process was almost complete??

2 Comments:

At 7:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The first adoption-we waited until we started the process, which wasn't too much later, maybe two weeks?! The second, we mentioned it right away and then after it the process started, we were more detailed about information and where we were at with things.

 
At 6:01 AM, Blogger Yeah So said...

We waited until we were approved by the orphanage and in the "wait for the call" stage. We did that because we didn't want people saying "any news??" every time they saw us for a year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home