banner

Saturday, November 04, 2006

happy treadmill day!

Got the treadmill today! I used it for 15 minutes while dying my hair and watching animal planet. Boy, that was a sight!

Learned from Lori's Lines (on blogroll to the left) November is adoption month! Very, very cool.
I was telling my husband maybe the reason we haven't been able to have kids yet is because he is supposed to be a guardian for this young man with Down's Syndrome. I am always trying to see open doors where other doors are shut, maybe I'm must trying to be an optimist. I am hopeful that God will continue to guide us in that and let us know if we shouldn't do it just because of everything we've been going through already. Honestly, I am praying for a very, very shut door, mostly because it seems to me to make sense to be this young man's guardian.

God has been very good to us. Hubby and I have both gotten significant raises, which will help us pay of debt, buy a new house, and feel less stressed about the money we may need to spend on adoption.

One week until the meeting of the adoption support group at our church! I cannot wait! (Also the day of the 5k for Ethiopian orphans....my training has not been going so well as far as that is concerned.)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 7:13 AM, Blogger Maggie said...

The waiting is hard. I know what you mean about hoping for a firmly closed door. It's hard to move on to option B when option A is still lingering as a possibility.

I hope your "path" becomes clear.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home