banner

Saturday, November 04, 2006

happy treadmill day!

Got the treadmill today! I used it for 15 minutes while dying my hair and watching animal planet. Boy, that was a sight!

Learned from Lori's Lines (on blogroll to the left) November is adoption month! Very, very cool.
I was telling my husband maybe the reason we haven't been able to have kids yet is because he is supposed to be a guardian for this young man with Down's Syndrome. I am always trying to see open doors where other doors are shut, maybe I'm must trying to be an optimist. I am hopeful that God will continue to guide us in that and let us know if we shouldn't do it just because of everything we've been going through already. Honestly, I am praying for a very, very shut door, mostly because it seems to me to make sense to be this young man's guardian.

God has been very good to us. Hubby and I have both gotten significant raises, which will help us pay of debt, buy a new house, and feel less stressed about the money we may need to spend on adoption.

One week until the meeting of the adoption support group at our church! I cannot wait! (Also the day of the 5k for Ethiopian orphans....my training has not been going so well as far as that is concerned.)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 12:06 PM, Blogger JamieS said...

THe possible guardianship sounds exciting! COngrats to you both on the raises! That's so exciting. What's always hard here is not to use it but to actually pay off the debt - hoping you all do well with it! To whom much is given, much is required, right? Keep in touch - I miss you!

Love,
Jamie

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger Margaret said...

The waiting is hard. I know what you mean about hoping for a firmly closed door. It's hard to move on to option B when option A is still lingering as a possibility.

I hope your "path" becomes clear.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home