banner

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

I passed my NY adjuster's test!

Today, I passed my NY adjuster's exam.

Let me tell you about New York.

Most states are reciprocal in their licensing. For example, I am licensed in Texas, therefore a lot of other states accept a Texas license and just give me a license in their state. To name a few, I am licensed in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Wisonsin, Kansas, Oklahoma, Washington, Oregon, California, Conneticut, North and South Dakota, Lousiana and Georgia.

Not New York. To be licensed in New York, I have to be bonded for $1000, have five people vouch for my character that have known me five years or longer, and pass an extremely hard test. Some of the doozie questions are, for example:
What farmowners coverage type would cover graneries and outbuildings?
How much percentage of coverage A on a homeowners policy covers debris removal?
For liability purposes, when is someone considered an airline passenger, when they enter the airport or board the plane?
How many squares of shinges do you need for a roof that is 10 feet by 20 feet if the shingles are 5 inches long?
How are kitchen counters measured?
What type of insurance covers a broken jaw rehab? Major medical insurance or disability insurance?

Thank goodness it was multiple choice. I got a 79%. They want you to know ALL sorts of random facts about all types of insurance, from auto, to commercial, to airline, and you have to know casualty and property. It is nuts.

Now, what can I do with this wacky New York License? I can say "Ma'am, your deductible is $500. Now, do you have a shop in mind or would you like a referral to a shop that works directly with Farmers insurance?"

Thanks, New York! You picky *$&%*@(# !

1 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, Blogger Lori said...

WHAT?! Crazy - Congratulations on making it!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home