banner

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

My love/hate relationship with food

Sometimes I eat because I'm honestly hungry and I enjoy what I'm eating. Sometimes I eat a lot of food for no good reason. I leave work at 11pm, and I have this bad habit of running through the drive-thru on the way home.

Am I hungry? No, just anxious and want something to calm me down.
I can drink 1 beer and be satisfied, I can keep away from smoking, I don't do drugs.
However, food is really hard for me to stay away from. I use it as a way to relax and feel better,
which I know isn't right.

2 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Blogger Dones said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Dones said...

Me too. Lately, with all my added stress (much of which is self-inflicted), I have been seeking comfort in food. "Better to seek comfort in food than some other sin" I tell myself, but I know it's really no better. I need to seek comfort/rest in God. I've been praising Him a lot today, and I'm doing well so far, I think. I need to keep it up, 'cause tonight will be a struggle, I think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home