banner

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Naturopathic Doctor

I went yesterday and I had a first appointment with a Licensed naturopathic doctor. There is an interesting transcript from a PBS show featuring Dr. Medhi Khosh As the transcript states, naturopathic doctors are primarily trained in acupuncture, homeopathy and other natural healing techniques.

A friend had recommended him to me in November, but on a whim I made a last minute appointment yesterday (since I was off work.) I didn't talk to my husband about it first (but I did tell him under diress afterwards). I just set an appointment on the spur of the moment because I was afraid he would think I was nuts. I was just so upset the endocrinologist
didn't call me back with my results, and all my results are coming back normal, I just decided "to heck with western medicine! phooey on you!" That's my new word when I feel like cussing lately: "Phooey"

What he is suggesting is tomorrow I come in for fasting blood work, after that he will read the results and check my hormone levels. If they are out of balance, he will give me Chinese herbs to balance the hormones and use acupuncture. I'm not afraid of needles, but I'm also not extrememely excited about that part. My husband will be going with me on Tuesday for the blood test results and the next step.

He did say that 33 out of 34 women that have seen him for infertility were able to conceive; the only one that wasn't was 49 years old! (Can you imagine having a baby at 49?) So, I guess this is worth it, though I am honestly a little leary. Very nice gentleman and he's been the one that's just sat and listened to me for a few minutes, so that was great.
First appointment was $135.00 out of pocket! (yipes!) But, I guess it's better than just taking a bunch of tests for people to say "everything's normal." I'll have to submit it to my medical savings account and see if they'll pay for it.

My husband sent in his "stuff" today to the hospital to be tested just in case that's the problem. We should hear on that in a couple of days.

I am feeling a lot better today. I guess I just want an answer one way or the other, and I want my husband and I to be on the same page about adoption. I think my husband really wants us to have our own baby more than I do, which I think is odd. I would, of course, love to birth a baby, but I just want a baby, or a child, and I really don't care how it gets here, adoption or naturally. I know we won't be perfect parents, but I know God is sovereign over all these things and He will help us through it.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home